“Gentlemen, roll Initiative.”
And with these three glorious words we began the new campaign, full of hope and aspirations and OHFUCKBREWERKILLEDTHEKID.
It was downhill from there….
Defeating the raiders: 700XP = 100XP each
Saving (almost) everyone who could be saved: 600XP = 85XP each
Witnessing the destruction of your family home: 100XP each
Brechenar: The Apple of Temptation Award: 100XP
Celeron: Size 16 Horse Shoes Award: 100XP
Crycryron: Single Bulging Handidly Saving the Girls Award: 100XP
Erohvan: Mischief in the Long Grass Award: 100XP
Talos: Sticking to His Principles/Possibly Claustrophobic Award: 100XP
X’aghli: And That’s Why We Don’t Shoot Into A Crowd Award: 100XP
Total Experience Gained:
Everyone receives a total of 385 XP, enough to reach 2nd Level!!!
You all need to:
- roll for extra hit points gained;
- record your 2nd level class abilities
You also receive 1 point of Inspiration if you have none.
From the dead raiders:
• 3 belt pouches containing:
– 21 copper pieces
– 33 silver pieces
– 12 gold pieces
all bear the mark of the King of Keoland and are accepted in this region
• 2 short swords (plain) and 1 long sword (good quality with dogheads on pommel).
• 2 suit of leather armor (AC 11+Dex, human, both well maintained)
• 1 suit of studded leather armor (AC 12+Dex, human, kinda shoddy looking)
• 2 empty lidless oaken barrels, bearing a boar’s head maker’s mark (likely from Grimfell Keep).
• 4 arrows of unremarkable feathering
• 1 plain silver wedding band
• 1 intricate red leatherweave bracelet
• 3 pairs of long leather riding boots, one pair of which are remarkably decorated with cloud motifs.
From the ruins of your family home:
• Apples, the drug-hoovering 19 hand dray (the two other riding horses went with the girls)
• The locked metal case (disarmed)
Oh and on the plus side…. the kid who X’aghi shot through the skull? He made his Death Saves and will grow up experiencing all the joys and pitfalls of being horribly disfigured!
• Where is Lady Celestine? She vanished some time in the night two day past, after a rough confrontation with Hector the Brigand and his gang, and left no trace.
• Who are the raiders? The ravagers who destroyed the Fickle Tancy — killing 9 women, 5 men and 4 children — appear to have used some form of shapeshifting magic to appear for a time as lizardmen. Why did they do this? Where did they acquire such magic? Where did they flee after riding to the main road? Is it coincidence that the attack took place two days after the run in with Hector and Company, or is something more sinister afoot?
• What will happen to the survivors? Lydia has taken charge of those who escaped the flames specifically so that the Celestine Siblings can pursue the attackers and bring them to justice, and you have provided them with two riding horses and enough food and water to make the journey to Hochoch, two days west along the Duke’s Highway. Will they make it safely there, and what will happen to them when they do?
• What is in the box? Lady Celestine’s metal chest remains unopened. What is in it, what was so important about it that she hid it in a secret alcove and had it magically trapped?